La Ferme du Lac Vert is open during summer season and we would like to invite you to stay with various board basis options available.
Between June & September cycling enthusiasts flock to Morzine. It is considered a Mecca both for road cyclists who are keen to conquer the famous local climbs of the Tour de France, and downhill mountain bike enthusiasts. Morzine has some of the most challenging, yet accessible mountain biking in Europe, with trails to suit all levels and an extensive lift network open during the summer months to get you back to the top.
The beautiful lake in Montriond is stunning all year round with its dramatic mountain cliff backdrop which you can swim in during the summer months (it has its own beach), kayak on it in the autumn and admire the surrounding explosion of colour which is nothing short of spectacular. During the autumn months the Alps have beautiful weather and if you’re an amateur photographer, or budding artist-in-the-making, then this is surely the time of year to visit. We can also take you to visit our favourite local farms and vineyards to sample the best in Savoyard cheese and wine and see how it’s all made.
With prices starting from £49 per person per nightnever has the opportunity of staying in one of the most beautiful chalets in the French Alps been so affordable. The chalet comprises of eight spacious en-suite bedrooms, a dining area seating up to 24 guests, a beautiful lounge with a traditional savoyard log fire, satellite television with large plasma screen, DVD/USB player, WIFi, ample parking and secure bike storage. The magnificent sun terrace has truly mesmerizing views. Imagine sipping your champagne seduced by the afternoon sun colouring the mountains an almost edible rose pink… an unmissable romantic experience.
Self – Catering Apartment
Renovations of the ground floor apartment of La Ferme du Lac Vert are now complete. It parallels the spaciousness and beauty of the chalet with three en-suite bedrooms, kitchen, dining area and living room with a double sofa bed. It also has WIFI, TV / DVD player, ample parking, sun-drenched outdoor grounds with seating and secure bike storage. Sleeping up to eight guests and prices starting from £750 per week it is a great budget option offering more flexibility.
Never visited the Alps in Summer?
Morzine is one of the original and most popular mountain biking areas in the world with trails suiting all levels. If mountain biking isn’t your thing there are many other exhilarating or relaxing options. from white water rafting to Via Ferrata and everythig in between. Lake Montriond even has its own little beach, so you can swim in the fresh water lake with the stunning mountain cliff backdrop. Morzine is also in close proximity to popular historical and spa towns; Annecy, Yvoire, Thonon, and Evian. Unlike many mountain resorts today, commercialism has not yet reached the charming, traditional market town of Morzine, allowing it to preserve its original structures and appealing features throughout the town. A summer holiday in Morzine is not only excellent value for money, but also offers so much variety it’s guaranteed to keep everyone happy!
- Try white water rafting down the river Dranse, great fun and no previous experience required!
- Tackle some of the famous downhill mountain biking tracks available in Morzine; then let the chairlifts do the work for you on the way back up so your legs recover for the next run!
- The Morzine swimming pool complex offers an Olympic size pool, kids pool and water slide, with tennis courts next door.
- Join the Via Feratta craze that’s sweeping the Alps! The Saix du Tour is 600m in length with beautiful views over the valley.
- Kayak or swim in the turquoise-green waters of lake Montriond which has its own beach; perfect for relaxing with a good book.
- Explore charming Alpine villages; we love the goat village at Linderet!
- Cycle the famous climbs of the Tour de France; Cols de Joux Plane/Encrenaz/Ramaz are all nearby for those that dare!
- Go walking on some of the 400 miles of marked trails the Portes du Soleil has to offer; we’ll even make you a gourmet picnic to take along with you!
By staying with us at La Ferme du Lac Vert this summer you will be entitled to the Mulitpass. From only €1 per day this pass gives you free access to; pedestrian lifts, tourist shuttle buses, swimming pool, lakes, tennis courts, the ice rink and a range of cultural sites.
For more details of activities available, advice and assistance with bookings please contact us at email@example.com